Track Record of Success With Pharma
Prior to founding Medical Minds, our team developed oncology initiatives for most of the major oncology companies. Starting in the 1990s, our team served as the agency of record at BioGenesis/Torre Lazur McCann for the global launches of Rituxan® and Herceptin®, the first 2 monoclonal antibody therapies for cancer. Since then we have contributed to the success of dozens of oncology products and services covering almost every type of cancer.
Prelaunch MOA and Disease Education Highlights
- Tocagen—Toca 511 & Toca FC in glioma: Prepared company presentation on MOA, preclinical studies, and phase 1 clinical data
- CancerVax—Canvaxin™ in melanoma: Developed/executed a prelaunch disease education plan including a competitive analysis, MOA, and investigator newsletter
- Genitope—MyVax® in non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Developed patient, physician, and pathologist education on personalized active immunotherapy, MOA, clinical trials, and the future role of the pathologist
Leading-edge Cancer Diagnostics Education Highlights
- Binding Site—Freelite® and Hevylite® Developed strategy, lexicon, and messaging to protect and grow global brands; developed advertising for US and global markets. View case study
- Genomic Health—Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer Assay: Simplified story in a promotional slide deck
- Genoptix: Developed a number of programs, including KOL-driven education on Validated Prognostic and Predictive Biomarkers in Breast Cancer (advisory boards with KOLs from the US and EU, comprehensive educational slide library, and speaker training), a promotional slide library for AQUA® (ER, PR, and HER2), and an interactive sales training module on NexCourse® in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Monogram Biosciences—HERmark (prior to acquisition by LabCorp): Developed a master slide library; managed/facilitated community advisory boards at American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS); set up, analyzed, and presented results from a retrospective, multicenter study comparing HERmark with conventional methods of HER2 testing in community practice.
- OncoPlex Diagnostics – Multiplex mass spectrometry testing: Developed backgrounders on the assessment of triple-negative breast cancer, gastroesophageal cancer, and NSCLC using the company’s proprietary test panels.
- Veracyte—Afirma® Thyroid FNA Analysis : Developed an educational program and slide library in collaboration with opinion leaders; produced symposia and posters for AACE, ENDO, ATA, and ITC. View case study
Patient Advocacy Is Our Passion
Two members of our senior staff are cancer survivors. From personal experience and through working on patient education and advocacy since the late 1990s, few agencies can match our knowledge and capabilities in this important area. Recent examples of our work include:
- Patient education on recent advances in individualized lung cancer care in collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and EmergingMed
- A collaboration with the George Washington University Cancer Institute to develop an online educational program entitled Treatment’s Over. Now What? A Practical Guide to Life After Cancer View program
- An ongoing relationship since 1997 with the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) to create, develop, produce, and manage the award-winning self-advocacy program known as the Cancer Survival Toolbox® in English and Spanish View program / See case study